Do you need family meal ideas? Bored of the same old things, the kids say no to your plan?
So where do you search to find inspirational ideas for dinner?
Don’t worry we’re do the work for you.
Here are five inspirational sources we use to create great family meal ideas;
- Kidspot, hard to go past the lemon tuna patties
- Australian Healthy Foods, for a healthier option, cook the pumpkin and corn bake
- Taste, love the “what’s in the fridge – fried rice
- Health.com, go with the old classic, Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Coles.com.au, try the Chicken and Chorizo Paella
Now you have over 1000 recipe choices to help you decide what your family meals will be tonight and maybe for the rest of the week. Make sure you take a few things into account when choosing what to cook for family meals.
- Is everyone going to be home tonight?
- Will anyone be late?
- Did you have the same or similar meal in the last week?
- Will you ask for suggestions or make the decision yourself?
- Check what you have in the fridge and pantry before making the commitment and announcing it to the family.
- Have you got time to get to the shops and back, or is that way too hard and this time of day?
To help you even more, it’s a great idea to have a vegetable garden on hand to source fresh vegetables or herbs for that new dish.
Also, as much as possible, you’re encouraged to have the essentials in your pantry. This enables you to have more flexibility to delight the family.
Have some fun with the family meal ideas you create. Get inspired to try new things, get the kids involved.
Please share your favourite new recipe with us all.